Soften Your Sheets
How to Soften Your New Egyptian Cotton Sheets
Egyptian cotton will soften with age, laundering actually softens the fibres so that your Egyptian cotton bedding gets better with age.
The hand or feel of the sheets created from Egyptian grown cotton is a bit harder than other cottons when the bedding is new. However, with every single laundering, the cotton sheets from Egyptian fibres become softer and softer. Do not be alarmed if when you first receive your new Egyptian cotton sheets, that they feel a little stiff or scratchy, this will all change with a few washings and by following the tips lined out below. The chemicals used in manufacturing are mostly to blame for your new sheets not feeling as soft as you would like when they are still new. This will all change after a few washings and use. Like a fine wine, age improves the Egyptian fibre cotton bedding and, unlike many products, you will prize your Egyptian fibre sheets of cotton more and more as they age and become soft and cuddly.
1. Place your new Egyptian cotton sheets in the washing machine separate from your other laundry. Use only half the laundry detergent you would normally use for a full load. Half the normal amount of detergent will be sufficient to clean your sheets and will reduce the damage done to the Egyptian cotton fibers from the cleaning agents in the detergent. Do NOT use fabric softener.
2. Wash the sheets in cold water on gentle cycle. This will help to reduce your cotton sheets from shrinkage. Remove your sheets immediately from the washing machine to prevent creasing. Place them in your clothes dryer on a low setting, do not heat them up too much in the dryer or you may cause them to shrink. You may also line dry them if you like, which is what we recommend. Do NOT use fabric sheets.
3.We recommend you use an extra rinse cycle to help wash out any extra detergent. Its also advantageous to wash one sheet at a time, to prevent overloading your washing machine and aiding in the rinse cycles.
4. Remove your sheets from the dryer when they are still just a little bit damp. Iron the sheets with your iron on low setting or you can go ahead and put them on your bed. Just make sure they are only 'slightly' damp.
5. Do not use bleach, even if your sheets are white. Bleach can damage the natural cotton fibers of your sheets.
6. Remember, your new Egyptian cotton sheets will get softer and softer after each washing, drying and ironing.